Friday, March 09, 2007

Passion

I am a passionate person.
I'm not passionate about stupid things, I think, but I am passionate about things that matter. They matter to me, anyway. Through the last little bit of my life I have come to understand that there are things that are important and things that are not. The things that are important are worth giving your life for. You can die for them if need be, but I think on the whole it is a lot better to live for them. On the flip, the things that are not important make be mad because others think they are important. I'm working on this second one.

It was a moment ago while thinking about passion that I realized I couldn't type in the word "passion" in my Google search. I started to, and then thought, "What was I about to do?" I had the best of thoughts about what I was going to find, but then I remembered the world we live in and shuddered at the thought of what the first few searches would reveal. It was a moment where a naive, innocent idea reminded me that the world (and Internet) is not innocent.

So, is this why most are so afraid of passion? I realize this is a generalization and there are those in the world who are passionate about the important things, but most are afraid of passion. I want to meet people of passion. I want to be around them. Most of all, I want them to want to be around me. We (my wife, Holly, and I) need them. I think it was Wesley who said something like "Give me 100 men who hate nothing but sin and fear nothing but God and I will change a city!" That's passion. Changing a city... that's what I want. I want my city to be different because of something I am a part of. I'm missing it.

I don't know who will read this, but if you know of someone with passion, send them to me. Currently, the only ones I know who look here are a couple of people I tried to impact and I think they caught something of it, and a guy who thinks he is either god or an alien. I'm not quite clear on which one, but perhaps he will give more clues so I can figure it out. Hey god/alien guy... write back. Perhaps it was my comments on the "Jesus" of Suburbia that drew you, so come on back.

2 comments:

Joe said...

"Hey God/Alien Guy...Write Back" should be the title of a book.

Floatingax said...

Or a very sad off-Broadway musical.