Saturday, March 03, 2007

Arrogance

I have a friend who starts out every post on his blog with what he had for dinner the night before. It's always exotic and cutting edge. At first I attributed it to the fact that he is recently married and a) his wife is trying to impress him or b) his children haven't sucked the very life out of him yet. Now, however, I attribute the cuisine to a flair for writing. I will give the example by sharing my meal last night:

Vermicelli topped with a beef sauce flavored with various spices. Garnished with melted butter and a Parmesan crust. Pristine fruit beverage over ice. Or, as I would normally explain... I had spaghetti with grape kool-aid.

I hate arrogance. I especially hate arrogance with the other is not as good as me, but yet they are still arrogant. That really burns me up. I say that not because I think my friend is arrogant, but I sat down to type about arrogance and thought about his blog and the food opening. Now, I have forgotten what I wanted to say about arrogance.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

First of all, I would like to say that I have only read you first and most recent blogs, because I do not have time to get caught up, so I am commenting on the first one because the most recent really is not that interesting. Let's be honest.

Anywho, I appreciated your allusion to earlier, younger, more alert... I mean, more... um... yeah alert days in K-town. You always had a knack for getting silly phrases like that stuck in one's head. To this day, I think of you every time I say "Brutal!" and, yes, even "yellow mode." This is how I described to Jeremy my preparation for Winterfest. *big exasperated sigh*

I am also thankful for the long-anticipated explanation of your FloatingAx nickname. It all makes sense now!

And finally, I was looking forward to reading the profound comments your friends had left on your post, and I must admit I giggled to myself when I saw that they were spammers. Ha ha ha. :-P

And that's all I have to say about that. Any chance you'll be at Winterfest this weekend? You can catch me and Jeremy in all our youth-pastoring glory.... Chasing 24 kids around Thompson Boling. You were a brave man, indeed, Bobby Scott. I commend you for your service. :-)

Joe said...

I also still say "brutal" and "yellow mode" all the time. The kids at school think it's hilarious.

Per your remark concerning the most excellent repasts Tara and I enjoy preparing de temps en temps-- all I heard was "a flair for writing." Woohoo!

Yours Truly,
Arrogant in Akron