Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm back... (again)

I'm back from a vacation, and boy are my arms tired. Wait, that's not exactly how that joke goes. Oh, well

The family took much needed time off for Hol and I to reflect and just "be." We don't do that enough. This was the first time we were away from our church for two Sundays in a row. Things have not blown up, it appears, but usually bombs don't tick anymore with all of the digital technology that is out there. This is a new page in our lives, and we're actually pretty stoked with the adventure ahead.

That last sentence made two thoughts come to my mind.

(1) The word "pretty" is used incorrectly when used as an adjective in this way. I had a teacher correct that all of the time. In today's scholastic system, I could pull something about creative license or something, and I would get a gold star. Speaking of that, I did have a weird teacher in high school who gave a student an A for the quarter for putting his desk upside down. It was pretty much a free for all with the desks after we heard that one! No dice for us, though.

(2) The thing about the adventure. I'm not sure how things will fall into place here, but I am sure of two things. First, things seem to be setting up for something to happen. Some things that we have been working on for some time are slowly forming themselves into something. Second, we have determined that we are going to focus on our priorities and act on them in good faith instead of waiting for something to happen.

I can't wait for it all!

No comments: