Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yet another fundamental difference between the ages.

The other Monday night I realized a fundamental difference between a child and an adult. Holly and I were in the van most of the day, well... the entire day. We traveled to do some errands without 2 of the 3 boys, with the theory that it would be easier that way. We handled our business, only to see that we were running kind of behind. A 40 minute travel later and we checked the other 2 out of school for doctor appointments. Then, we traveled 45 minutes BACK to where we were for the visits. The extra time was because of traffic. Our plan was to get home earlier in the evening, but this was shot because the appointments took longer than expected.

Now to the difference:

When we got home an hour or so before the kid's bedtime, all I wanted to do is sit and watch tv. I was spent. The boys, however, were ready to go, and wrestled, played with a balloon, and ate and ate. When I'm cooped up, it zaps me. When kids are cooped up, they become wild freakazoids that chomp at the bit to run around and destroy a house.

No comments: