Tuesday, October 09, 2007

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!

Last night, I got to watch one of the most enjoyable games in a while.

I love the Dallas Cowboys. I grew up loving Tony Dorsett and others. I loved Emmitt and Troy and Michael. I did not like Parcells, so I'm glad he's gone. I love how Tony Romo plays.

All of that said... if they had lost last night, it would have been no big deal. Everyone loses. I would not have lost sleep over it. However, I did lose sleep by watching the game.

The main reasons that I watched the game was two-fold:
1) I like the cowboys, and for the morbid curiosity of how many interceptions that Romo could throw (apparently 5) and,

2) I could not get up out of my chair. I have been working on tiling a floor for some friends of ours, and I am so sore that I can't hardly move. I sat down, and it hurt to get up, so I didn't.

The blessing of all of this is that I got to see and onside kick recovered; a completion and spike with 1 second left ruled a non-completion; two quick passes and out of bounds completed with the time put back on the clock from the before mentioned incomplete pass; an apparent made field-goal that was nullified by a last minute time out by a cheating Buffalo Bills coach; then the kick actually made that put the 'boys up 25-24 with time expired!

I actually laughed out loud, and woke my wife up down the hall in our bedroom.

Good times!

No comments: