Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Wife is a Genius

Now, I realize that all should think this about their significant others, but I really am impressed with my wife. The reasons are many, but the one that immediately comes to mind is her ability to pull desserts out of thin air.

I remember when I knew we didn't have ANY food in our home, and Hol goes into the kitchen and 15 minutes or so later she comes out with peanut butter cookies. Now we add chocolate chips to the mix and it is the best cookie ever!

My youngest son is allergic to everything, but she mixes a bunch of stuff up and whoop-de-ding-dong-dang... Isaac Surprise Cookies! He asked if she could make more, and her response was, "I don't know. I really don't know how I made them."

Last night moved her into a new realm of dessert goodieness. The kids are in bed and we are watching TV. I get up to go into the kitchen for some reason and notice wrappers for both a Hershey's Dark Chocolate bar and a Little Debbie brownie. I question the availability of more. Alas, they were old wrappers that had escaped the trash a short time before. However, she then asks if I want a snack.
"Do you want something salty or sweet?" she asks.
"Holly, how long have we been married?" I respond.
She goes into the kitchen again, and begins to look into cabinets. Again, a little later a plate was brought out with a "this will probably not be good" look on her face. I tasted it.

Introducing:

Marshmerrios

Yes, marshmerrios.

She asked for improvements. I said, "Hol, whatever you've done... you did it."

The ingredients:

Marshmallows, Sugar, Butter, Remnant chocolate chips, Possibly something else, & Cheerios

There needs to be some type of cooking show on Food Network that is about pulling desserts out of nothing. Hol would win it.

No comments: