Friday, August 17, 2007

Are you known?

This is for the church world, so listen up.

Are you known?

What I mean by this is... does anyone in your community know you exist?

I am marveled by the fact that there are church congregations in this community that have as it's attendees people that I do not know. I mean, I cannot tell you one person who attend certain churches, AND I cannot tell you who the pastor is. These are not the fringe "churches" who meet in their living room with two people and a cat, but owners of some of the major buildings in this town.

I know what you are thinking: "Well, maybe YOU'RE the one out of touch!" At the rest of sounding presumptuous, I don't believe that is correct. I consider myself a person who is out in the community. I sit on a couple of boards, am involved in school and little league sports, and I even find my name in the local newspaper every so often.

Maybe it's just a rant, but I am wondering how you can affect change and impact a community if no one knows you exist.

No comments: