Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My wife, Holly

I was thinking yesterday morning how wonderful my wife is. I was playing a scenerio in my head as if someone interviewing me asked me who was the best person I know. Obviously, I would have to say, "Jesus," but the answer to the best woman (and second person to Jesus) would be my wife. I say this not for brownie points, but because it's true.

I know you've got your Mother Theresa's and stuff, but Hol's the real deal. She is truly more kind to the downtrodden (sp?) than I could ever have hope to have patience enough to be. She is slap-your-face funny; and silly too... which is better. She's beautiful. She is talented beyond any one's expectations, including hers, which is charming and irritating at the same time. Charming because she's humble but irritating because she needs to know how great she is! She knows things I don't know about stuff that matters. Her eyes melt me. Her passion for God is real, as well as her frustration at others who don't have that passion. I could go on but the few who read this will lose interest.

I will pontificate on another matter later.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

*blech!* ;-)

Joe said...

I've lost interest.

Although I must admit: this entry is very sweet, but the first part made me think of that old joke about the kid in Sunday School where the punchline is, "Well, it sounds like a squirrel, but I'm gonna say 'Jesus.'"

That's one of my favorites, and I actually even told it to my class a while back to get them to think about their responses to my questions instead of just calling out what they think I want to hear.

Anyway, it's a funny joke. You should use it in a sermon soon. Probably this week.

Floatingax said...

Joe,

I was thinking the joke the whole time.