Thursday, February 22, 2007

Scenarios

My son Jonathan deals in scenarios. He is constantly working our potential situations in his head and then processing how he would deal with the issue. This actually moves him to a state of worry at time, but he does it anyway. His latest, heard both by Holly a few days ago and me in the car yesterday goes as follows:

Dad, I really can't catch the ball, but I am going to play football anyway. Dad, if I have a loose tooth I won't play football that day. If I have a loose tooth someone might hit me (then he makes football hitting sounds) and then...

How many times do we work something up in our mind and then fret about it? I would say alot. I can't tell you the number of conversations I have had with others when they were not there. It's easy to put words in their mouth and then think of my response. There is a great piece of advice in an ancient text, "Don't worry about tomorrow..." We need to learn to just let things happen.

No comments: